Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Joy: Card


When Abigail was a baby I got into making bows and clippies. I went crazy buying a ton of ribbon, mainly grosgrain and embellishments. As she got older (she is now 3) and I got pregnant with my son, making bows became less and less of a hobby. I have tried to figure out what I will do with all that ribbon and I have come up with one way to use it.

I made this card using a card cut out from "A Child's Year" Cartridge, both the marquees from "A Storybook" cartridge. I embossed the card using the Cuttlebug and d'vine swirl. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose.


I made the flower, I can't believe how happy I am with how it turned out. I saw this tutorial on Just Magnolia when I was looking up info on how to make your own paper flowers. I don't have the Sizzix die so I went through the Cricut Carts that I have and found the poppy flower on "A Storybook". I modified it to work with this cut out.

Of course I used two colors, and sizes of grosgrain ribbon from my stash and a stamp I bought for .99 cents.


I am going to try to use up some of my ribbon on a few more cards. Hope you like my "Joy" card..

1 comment:

Comments make my day! Please leave a comment if you have a moment. I welcome tips, advice, and of course "great job" comments.