Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Train Frame and Anniversary Card.

I have completed two projects. Hurray for that! The first project is an Anniversary Card for my in-laws. If I do the math right they are celebrating 54 years. I used my "A Child's Year" cartridge for the boy and girl and "Storybook" font cartridge for the "Once upon a time". I embellished the wording with baby blue Stickles (still trying to figure out how to use that stuff). I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the white cardstock and then used chalk to add a hint of color to that. I used glue dots on the back of the boy and girl for added depth. I am REALLY a horrible when it comes to sending out cards, really I should be ashamed..
I am very happy that I am ahead of the game. I have a whole 9 days to get this in the mail to them
My second project is a picture frame that was given to me for my son Mason's class. Mason is 21 months old and his teacher sent home the frame to be decorated for a family picture and then brought back to school. This is so the kids can see their family through out the day. Mason loves Thomas and trains. Really it just amazes me how much. My husband drew Thomas the Tank Engine on Mason lunch bag and he goes crazy, yelling "train" every time he sees it.

It was only fitting that I would decorate the frame with Thomas in mind. I found a piece of Thomas the Tank Engine cardstock at Michael's which worked out perfect. I traced the frame onto the back of the cardstock and then glued the paper on to the frame. I used the "Everyday Paper Dolls" cartridge to make a train Engineer (Mason). I was so exited to see it had a curly hair feature, since my son has curly hair.. see here, I go on and on about his beautiful curls.


I then used the "A Child's Year" font to spell out Mason's Family. I used Mod Podge over the paper for added protection, then I put glue dots on the back of the train engineer for added depth. All in all I am please with my first two projects using my Cricut. Have I mentioned that I just adore my pink Cricut Expression..

1 comment:

  1. I love the anniversary card! Can't wait to see more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave a comment if you have a moment. I welcome tips, advice, and of course "great job" comments.